Project development is mainly focusing on research aspects. Users and
developers interested in more recent features and improvements to the
Jgroup/ARM toolkit may wish to obtain up-to-date source code from CVS
- Jgroup/ARM 2.0 was released October 2002.
- Jgroup/ARM 3.0 was released may 2007.
Open Research and Development Projects
Students and others interested in contributing to the development of
Jgroup/ARM should consider the following projects.
Completed Jgroup/ARM Subprojects
- Autonomous Replication Management (ARM); initiated by Hein Meling
- Jgroup/Jini 2.0 integration; MSc student Rohnny Moland (Hein Meling supervisor)
- Framework for integration and regression testing; MSc student Rune Vestvik (Hein Meling supervisor)
- Replicated transactions; PhD student Heine Kolltveit
Ideas for future Jgroup/ARM Subprojects
The Jgroup/ARM project is looking for people to implement new features.
Please contact Hein Meling for more details, if you find any of these
projects interesting. Here is a list of "desired features":
- Database integration with Jgroup (based on JDO or Hibernate)
- Optimization of the group membership and reliable multicast algorithm
- Evaluation of the Enterprise JavaBeans model with respect to fault tolerance and/or integration with Jgroup
- Implementation of a Reliable Event Service based on Jgroup
- Implementation of replicated JavaSpaces on top of Jgroup
- Implementation of a zero-copy message handler in Jgroup
- Implementation of a primary partition layer in Jgroup